Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Broadview Man Wins One Million Dollars In Illinois Lottery!!!

A construction worker who regularly plays the Illinois Lottery may have a few less worries after hitting it big with a $1 million prize on a ticket he purchased in Forest Park.

The Illinois Lottery has announced that Broadview resident Jackie White, 46, picked up a $10 scratch ticket at the Forest Park CTA station on Desplaines Avenue in January and walked out the door a much wealthier man. White was playing the $250 million Millionaire's Club game, which has a total of 30 $1 million prizes, according to a lottery spokesperson. It was unclear how many of the big purses have been collected since the game's launch in the summer of 2006.

"I just couldn't believe it," White said in a statement released by the lottery. "I almost had a heart attack. I know how to play this game, but when I saw that I had won the million dollars, I just didn't think it was for real."

White said he and his wife plan to invest the winnings and that he will continue working.

No comments: